Memorial Day Weekend
Come join us for The Outdoor Shooting Event at Werbell Range in Powder Springs 5/26!
This is going to be FUN, with structured drills and an opportunity to improve our skills on the outdoor range!
* MUST be a NAAGA MEMBER who has paid their dues online
* Successfully COMPLETED the NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION CLASS (NMOC)
* SHOT MARKSMANSHIP ASSESSMENT to participate.
NO EXCEPTIONS…this is to ensure safety and a positive experience on the range!
What is the MARKSMANSHIP ASSESSMENT?
~ Recite & Demonstrate the 5 Fundamental Rules of Gun Safety
~ Shoot (21) well placed rounds downrange at various distances
~ You will be briefed on the safety protocol for outdoor events
* MUST already own and know how to safely operate your firearm(s)
* PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME as there are administrative tasks which must be accomplished prior to allowing anyone to shoot
* Slots are limited and are on a first come first serve basis
* Payment must be made in Advance to reserve your spot. Cost for the entire time is $30 dollars per person
* Make your payment via PayPal to https://www.paypal.me/NAAGA/30 and put your NAME, EMAIL, PHONE NUMBER and DATE ATTENDING MARKSMANSHIP ASSESSMENT in the notes section so that your payment can be properly identified and notated.
* Ammo, safety gear, and firearms WILL NOT be available for rent or purchase onsite
10:00 sign-in and waiver signing (MANDATORY)
10:20 facility familiarization
10:30 safety briefing (MANDATORY)
10:40 begin handgun and long gun shooting session
11:30 break and rotate lanes
2:00 end of event
2:15 (OPTIONAL) lunch at Viva Mexico @ 4150 Macland Rd
PLEASE READ THE GEAR LIST AND SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT!
· At least one (1) handgun and/or one (1) rifle per person
· Two (2) magazines (at minimum) for firearms to be used
· 100 rounds for handgun and/or 120 rounds for rifle
· Eye Protection
· Ear Protection
· Belt or waistband holster for handgun to be used
– Crew neck or collared shirt
· Long Pants
· Comfortable Footwear
· (2) writing pens
– Water or sports drink
Recommended Gear (Optional):
· Single or double, belt-secured magazine holder
– Chest rig, plate carrier, or LBE vest
· Light Snack (Trail Mix, Fruit, Protein Bar, etc.)
· Sani-wipes (For Hands)
· Gun cleaning/ repair kit
· Multi Tool
– First Aid kit
· Firearms with which you will be shooting must be in good working order.
· Only a maximum of two (2) firearms per person will be permitted on the firing line at any given time. Any other firearms must remain in designated areas. Number of firearms per person may be changed at the discretion of the Range Safety Officer (RSO)
· Be prepared for some light calisthenics and aerobic activity. Modified drills and exercises will be provided for those with disabilities or illnesses that prevent them from participating in any, or all, of the standard exercises or drills.
· Please monitor the weather and dress accordingly. If the temperature falls below 45 degrees or proves to be too inclement, the course will be canceled and rescheduled for a future date.
· Holster to be used must accept all attachments present on the firearm to be used.
· Ankle and cross draw holsters are not permitted.
· Targets will be provided. Group Size: 30 Person Limit !!!!
Schedule: Time: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Note: Bring your own snacks, food, lots of water – at least 6 bottles
Please RSVP immediately (30 Member Limitation)